Company Plans to Quadruple this Business within Three Years Adding up to 200 Jobs in 2011
(TROY, Mich. Jan. 26, 2011) CareTech Solutions, an information technology products and services provider for more than 150 U.S. hospitals, dedicated its new 30,000 sq. ft. Healthcare Infrastructure Operations Center (HIOC), a state of the art, technology hub for the storing and monitoring of data, systems and applications for the company’s hospital clients, today during a ribbon-cutting ceremony. CareTech is currently processing over one billion transactions annually, and managing 650 terabytes of data for its clients. The $5 million investment triples the capacity CareTech needs to quadruple this piece of its business over the next three years.
“As healthcare providers move to electronic medical records, its critical to patient care that the data and systems be highly available and secure,” said Jim Giordano, president and CEO, CareTech Solutions. “Many of today’s hospitals lack the IT infrastructure and expert resources needed to support this digital explosion. With this investment CareTech is putting the capacity in place, and hiring the necessary talent to support hospitals as they navigate this dynamic environment.”
The CareTech Solutions Healthcare Infrastructure Operations Center features:
· 30,000 sq. ft. of data storage and performance monitoring stations staffed by more than 50 healthcare information technology (IT) professionals
· Three SAS 70 data centers endorsed by the American Hospital Association (AHA)
· 96-fiber WAN backbone between data centers for speed and redundancy
· Proactive monitoring of:
– Critical Identified Applications
– Hardware availability and interface engines
– Network and data storage
– Web availability and Internet traffic
· Proprietary mix of monitoring software tools including: Compuware Vantage, Solar Winds, and ISOdx to organize and report real-time HIOC performance via visual dashboards and alert mechanisms
· PCI and HIPAA compliant
About CareTech Solutions CareTech Solutions, Inc., an information technology and Web products and services provider for more than 150 U.S. hospitals and health systems, creates value for clients through customized IT solutions that contribute to improving patient care while lowering healthcare costs. From implementing emerging technologies to supporting day-to-day IT operations, CareTech offers clients expert health information management services across the entire patient data lifecycle earning it the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best in KLAS award for IT Outsourcing (Extensive) as ranked by healthcare executives and professionals in the Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services report.
For more information, please visit www.caretech.com.
# # #
Anne Santori, APR
Public Relations Manager
Office: 248 -823-0908