CareTech’s Web Services Division Marks 60-Percent Growth in Client Roster, Expansion into Nine New States, and Continued Industry Recognition in National Web Award Competitions
TROY, Mich. – February 24, 2009 – CareTech Solutions, an information technology (IT) and Web products and services provider for hospitals and health systems, announced today that it has signed agreements to provide a comprehensive suite of Web products and services to Lehigh Valley Health Network of Allentown, Penn., Covenant Health of Knoxville, Tenn., and Marietta Memorial Hospital of Marietta, Oh.
2008 was a banner year for CareTech’s Web Services division, marked by:
- Sixty-percent growth in the division’s client roster since 2007;
- Providing Web products and services for health systems in nine new states: Tennessee, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Texas, Connecticut, Maryland, Indiana, New York and California;
- Sixty-four new or extended customer agreements; and
- Continued broad industry recognition in major national Web award competitions.
“The unprecedented success and growth of CareTech’s Web Services division over the past year speaks to the value our client hospitals receive in working with a talented team of professionals who are committed to helping them use Web technology to improve the patient care experience,” said Jim Giordano, President and CEO of CareTech Solutions. “CareTech Solutions’ broad portfolio of Web products and services was developed in direct response to our clients’ needs for enhanced communication, improved efficiency, and increased productivity in the hospital environment. We look forward to sharing those benefits with more hospitals and health systems in 2009 and beyond.”
Highlights of growth and success in CareTech’s Web Services division in 2008 include:
- A multi-year agreement to provide Broward Health of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. with Web services, including intranet and Internet development and hosting using CareWorks CMSTM.
- An agreement to serve as Web services provider to Binghamton, New York’s United Health Services. CareTech is providing website development, support and hosting using its CareWorks CMSTM product, which will serve as the foundation of United Health Services’ Web presence.
- A five-year agreement to provide BJC HealthCare of St. Louis, Mo. with Web services. BJC and 11 of its affiliated hospitals will be provided with CareTech’s CareWorks CMSTM content management system, as well as its BoardNetTM communications portal for hospital boards of directors.
- The implementation of a comprehensively designed Web site at southeast Michigan’s Garden City Hospital. Using CareTech Solutions’ CareWorks CMSTM content management system, the site now incorporates advanced functionality that includes a physician finder, an employment opportunity module, patient preregistration, class registration, “e-greeting” cards and an online medical equipment store.
- Top recognition for six of CareTech’s client-hospital Web sites in the Web Marketing Association’s 2008 WebAward competition – the most of any Web services firm in the healthcare provider category. Of note is Hendricks Regional Health of Danville, Ind., which received the category’s “Outstanding Web site” award, and is one of only two in the category to do so. As one judge stated, “Having judged many health-oriented sites over the years, this is one of the best.”
- Receipt of Strategic Healthcare Communications’ eHealthcare Leadership Awards by seven CareTech-client hospitals. Organizers noted CareTech’s achievement of Silver Awards for two of its healthcare-client Web sites – Holy Family Memorial Health of Manitowoc, Wis. for Best Health/Healthcare Content and The Detroit Medical Center of Detroit, Mich. for “Best Web 2.0/Rich Media.” eHealthcare Leadership Awards Chairman Mark Gothberg states, “Combined with its numerous other winning entries, CareTech is to be congratulated for its particularly strong performance in these highly competitive categories.”
About CareTech Solutions, Inc.
CareTech Solutions, Inc., an information technology service provider for hospitals and health systems, is committed to creating value for clients through customized, flexible solutions that contribute to improving patient care while lowering healthcare costs. From implementing emerging technologies to supporting day-to-day operations, CareTech offers clients expert services across the entire patient data lifecycle.
CareTech Solutions won a coveted 2008 Best in KLAS award for the IT Outsourcing (Extensive) market segment, as ranked by healthcare executives and professionals in the 2008 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards report. CareTech’s Best in KLAS distinction follows the company’s achievement of market-leading overall performance scores in KLAS’ 2008 Extensive IT Outsourcing Study. CareTech’s overall performance score was 94.6 on a 100-point scale – the top score among six competing extensive IT outsourcing firms cited in the report, and the highest score KLAS has measured since first measuring extensive IT outsourcing performance in 2005. CareTech earned 100-percent scores in each of the “business indicator” categories of Would You Buy it Again, Avoids Nickel-and-Diming, Keeps all Promises, Services Delivered within Budget/Cost and Would You Recommend to a Friend/Peer.
Information Technology Services – Web Products and Services – CableCare™ Structured Cabling and Wiring
For more information, please visit www.caretechsolutions.com.
Airfoil Public Relation