(LAS VEGAS, Feb. 21, 2012) CareTech Solutions, an information technology (IT) and Web products and services provider for more than 200 U.S. hospitals will honor eight health system clients at the annual Rising Star Award program taking place on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 1 p.m. in the company’s exhibit booth (5327) at HIMSS12 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas. The Rising Star Award was established in 2008 to recognize clients who exemplify leadership in using information technology as a strategic advantage for their healthcare organization.
“This year’s Rising Star recipients undertook significant IT initiatives in 2011 that advanced the quality of patient care, delivered substantial business results to the organization, and made IT an available, reliable, connectivity tool for patients and providers,” said Jim Giordano, CEO and president, CareTech Solutions.
A new category was added to the 2012 Rising Star Awards to recognize a hospital/health system that pushes technology to the next level. The award, “The Innovative Thinker” award goes to the Detroit Medical Center (Detroit, Mich.) for implementation of smart room technology, and for achievement in reaching HIMSS EMR Adoption Level 6 at all hospitals in their integrated delivery network.
This year’s Rising Star Award winners are:
- Blanchard Valley Health System (Findlay, Ohio) for being the first LSS site approved by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy for ePrescribing.
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (nationwide) for its dedication to provide clinical staff with the highest levels of IT support by installing a 24x7x365 hospital help desk.
- Continuum Health Partners (New York City, N.Y.) for their continuing commitment to providing the highest levels of IT support for their clinical staffs as evidenced by a five year renewal of their contract for Service Desk and expanding this service specifically to include its physicians using eClinical Works at all of Continuum’s hospital sites.
- Froedtert Health (Milwaukee, Wis.) for its commitment to organizational alignment by moving five intranet sites into one content management tool that provides a common look and functionality for end users.
- Holy Family Memorial (Manitowoc, Wis.) for its continued dedication to IT performance and technology implementation as seen by its commitment in maintaining HIMSS EMR Adoption Level 6, and by being selected to participate in the AHA “Hospital and Care Systems of the Future – Reform Roadmap” in which hospital leadership shared their expertise in creating the desired delivery system of the future.
- Oakwood Healthcare (Dearborn, Mich.) for the planning and implementation of remote hosting EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Systems at CareTech Solutions SSAE 16 SOC 1 TYPE 2 data center to ensure critical uptime and availability of the application in the delivery of patient care.
- St. Luke’s Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, Pa.) for implementing advanced IT monitoring services that provide 24/7 oversight of critical identified applications, hardware availability and interface engines, and network and data storage to ensure the delivery of patient care is never interrupted.
About CareTech Solutions
CareTech Solutions, Inc., an information technology and Web products and services provider for more than 200 U.S. hospitals and health systems, creates value for clients through customized IT solutions that contribute to improving patient care while lowering healthcare costs. From implementing emerging technologies to supporting day-to-day IT operations, CareTech offers clients expert health information technology services across the entire patient data lifecycle earning it the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Best in KLAS award for IT Outsourcing (Extensive) as ranked by healthcare executives and professionals in the “2011 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services” report.
For more information, please visit www.caretech.com.
Anne Santori, APR
Public Relations Manager
Office: 248 -823-0908