- Meet the requirements of a “BASE” EHR as defined by CMS
- Meet any other criteria associated with objectives and measures needed to qualify for the providers current stage of Meaningful Use
Strategic IT Planning Specialist CareTech Solutions
- Remove: Provide an electronic copy of health information for EPs and Hospitals (2014)
- Remove: Provide patients with timely electronic access to their data for EPs (2014)
- Remove: Electronic exchange of key clinical information by hospitals and EPs (2013)
- Remove: Provide patients with an e-copy of discharge instructions for hospitals (2014)
- Add: Ability for hospitals and providers to provide patients with the ability to view online, download, and transmit their health information (2014)
- For EPs and Hospitals – CPOE: have an option to use unique Rx orders or unique patients as denominator (2013)
- EPs can claim an exclusion for the e-prescribe requirement if they are not located within 10 miles of a pharmacy that accepts electronic prescriptions (2013)
- Add: Record chart changes in vital signs; add blood pressure for patients who are 3 years old or older and height and weight for all ages. EPs may be able to claim exclusions for these new chart changes and vital signs (2014)
- Remove: EPs to provide patient with timely access to their medical data (2014)
- Beginning In 2014: EPs must report on nine of the 64 approved CQMs. The selected CQMs must cover at least three of the National Quality Strategy domains. This is up from the six that were required initially.
- Hospitals must report on 16 of the 29 approved CQMs from at least three of the six approved domains. This is up from the 15 CQMs that were defined initially, however all 15 are allowable as choices for 2014 – with one additional measure needed.
- Beginning in 2014: Hospitals and EPs who have attested to Meaningful Use in a prior reporting year must electronically report the data to CMS.