Hospital’s IT Department New EMR Implementation Required Additional IT Support
(TROY, Mich. April 19, 2011) CareTech Solutions, an information technology (IT) and Web products and services provider announced today that Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. selected the company’s Service Desk, a healthcare-specific IT help desk, to support physicians and staff in their use of the hospital’s all new electronic medical record (EMR).
“As a part of Lutheran’s EMR implementation process we knew our physicians and hospital staff were going to need 24/7/365 IT support to ensure a smooth transition and ultimate adoption,” said Laura Spadafino, vice president of Information Technology, Lutheran Medical Center. “We reached out to CareTech, and within three weeks, they implemented their Service Desk and responded to nearly 500 calls in the first few days of EMR use.”
CareTech Solutions Service Desk is staffed 24/7/365 with more than 100 client-support analysts who respond to thousands of clinical and business system calls monthly utilizing a proprietary information technology infrastructure knowledge base that supports all major hospital clinical applications including: Allscripts, Carecast, Centricity, Cerner, Epic, IDX, McKesson, Meditech, and Nextgen.
Other key features of the CareTech Solutions Service Desk include:
· Services scalable to the size and scope of the hospital’s needs; currently supporting clients with 50 to over 20,000 calls per month.
· Integration of hospital IT tools into a dashboard view for proactive monitoring of hospital infrastructure and applications. The dashboard enables Service Desk support analysts to immediately identify the call source, and proactively respond to early-detection system alerts.
· Monthly client reports covering Service Desk monitoring, system performance, service level agreement metrics, and general customer feedback.
· Customized service request tool to streamline internal processes and eliminate paperwork
for routine requests such as system access, cell phone requisitions, pager tracking, general repairs and other incidents.
· Optional physician-only hotline.
· Clinically-focused support analysts based in the United States.
About Lutheran Medical Center
A Level I Trauma Center and Stroke Center, Lutheran Medical Center (LMC) has cared for Brooklyn communities since 1883. As a full service 476-bed teaching hospital, LMC is the hub of Lutheran HealthCare, a network of primary, acute and long-term care centers in southwest Brooklyn. Learn more about LMC and its commitment to patient care excellence, community service, health education and research online at www.LutheranMedicalCenter.com.
About CareTech Solutions
CareTech Solutions, Inc., an information technology and Web products and services provider for more than 150 U.S. hospitals and health systems, creates value for clients through customized IT solutions that contribute to improving patient care while lowering healthcare costs. From implementing emerging technologies to supporting day-to-day IT operations, CareTech offers clients expert health information management services across the entire patient data lifecycle earning it the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best in KLAS award for IT Outsourcing (Extensive) as ranked by healthcare executives and professionals in the Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services report.
For more information, please visit www.caretech.com.
# # #
Anne Santori, APR
Public Relations Manager