- In order to provide flexibility to achieve the Stage One criteria, the requirements will be segmented into “Core” and “Menu Set” requirements. All Eligible Hospitals and EPs will need to meet “Core” requirements, 14 and 15 respectively. The requirements vary slightly between the two settings of care. Additionally, ten (10) “Menu Set” requirements have been identified. These also vary slightly between the two settings of care. Both Eligible Hospitals and EPs will choose 5 items to meet for “Stage One.”
- Computerized Order Physician Entry (CPOE) requirement has been modified to “more than 30% of patients with at least one medication in their medication list that has been ordered through CPOE.”
- Several of the previously stated required measurements have been reduced or changed so that the criteria are achievable.
- The number of required Clinical Quality Measures to report to CMS has been reduced.
- Added “Menu Set” objectives (1) to provide conditional, specific educational materials to the patient and (2) to record advanced directives for patients older than 65 years of age.
- Removed the objective for electronic claims submission and insurance validation.
- “Hospital Based” defined as an EP who performs substantially all of their services in an inpatient setting or emergency room only.
|July 1, 2010
||ONC started accepting applications for ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Entities |
ONC projects certified EHR software will be available |
Eligible hospitals and EP may register for incentive program on CMS website |
||Medicare program attestation may begin|
|(mid) May 2011
Medicare EHR pay will begin |
||States could begin initiating incentive payment programs on a rolling basis, subject to CMS approval of the State Medicare HIT plan |